Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Opportunities!

So much has happened since my last post, and my sincerest apologies for being so neglectful to this blog, which I love to write, but somehow as we get older we forget about follow-up. Six months in between posts is just totally unacceptable, but I am working on fixing that.

So........ today I turned 50. Not an excuse, but maybe a brag? Last year this time I weighed over 30 pounds heavier, and I mean, how many people can say they are 50 and still have a grandmother alive???  Not only is she alive, but she is VERY healthy and mindful at a young 95 - turning 96 in June.  I really do hope she sees 100. I want to see that old Smuckers guy announce her name on TV when she does.

On the business front:  I just started doing the Muskogee Farmers Market. I have to be honest - in the past I never understood what was so "special" about selling soap at a farmers market. Now I know. Not only are the consumers at farmers markets more discerning, which I LOVE, but I also have the opportunity to purchase MY fruits and veggies grown locally. I love this stuff. I think I'm spending a lot of my sales money buying from the farmers, but I don't care - it's FRESH, and it's grown LOCALLY. I'm a proponent of both. Can't beat fresh "with a stick" as they say.

Also - another new opportunity arose for my business. A new gallery is opening in Eufaula, OK - "Our Favorite Place" - 127 N. Main Street. It should be open by Memorial Day, and they will be selling MY products as the representative for the soapmaking and chandler community. Everything in this gallery (they're calling it a gallery because there will be a LOT of art work there, and it's more upscale than a "store") is handmade in Oklahoma. There is a lot of American Indian art, glasswork (hand glass-blowing), and of course, my soaps, candles, shower gels, etc. Here is their logo: 


I have been making a LOT of candles and am adding a few new soaps this spring season.  We planted 2 magnolia trees, and so much to post on one blog post - so I'll save something for another day.

Have a soapy, bubbly day! 
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment