Monday, October 18, 2010

Vacation News - day 10 - Oct. 17, 10

The end is here - I think I'm starting to get my days mixed up. We left Keith & Judy's home Saturday morning and went to Leann's. We arrived at Leann's yesterday and after doing the video continued on to finish up in Sullivan, Missouri for an overnight rest. Bullet sure does drive a long time while I nap. I am really catching up on my sleep!

So let's talk about food. Yum. We've eaten at a lot of restaurants along the way - some new to us, some old favorites. So here are just a few of my observations:

Abuelo's "Mexican Embassy" - does that make the Manager of the restaurant an embassador??? The marketing of these restaurants is amusing, but the food is fantastic.

and...

PJ Chang's "Chinese Bistro" - Aren't bistros French? This one baffled me, but it was absolutely delicious! I finally got Bullet to eat Chinese food (and yes, he enjoyed it).

Now..... if you want to eat a HUGE omelet, go to Nick's, in Toledo, OH. This isn't a chain. It's a one-and-only. Seven (yes, 7) eggs go into this omelet. Then, if that isn't enough, they add every single thing on the breakfast menu INTO this omelet. It's absolutely HUGE, and none of us were brave enough to tackle it. But I could see a family of oh, say, 10 people sharing it!

Enough of food talk - time to move on to get back to Oklahoma.

Peace & bubbles.... and napping is good, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment